Saturday, March 4, 2017

Manifesto

In a revelation given to Emma Smith in 1830, the Lord commanded all of His daughters, "[Thou] shalt receive the Holy Ghost, and thy time shall be given to writing and to learning much" (Doctrine & Covenants 25:8; see also verse 16). This blog is my attempt to keep that commandment. Here, I, a beloved daughter of my beloved Heavenly Father, intend to give expression to my thoughts upon various subjects and events about which I learn. I am young, with a perspective borne of a life-experience unique to me; I do not promise omniscient wisdom in every word, but I do promise to seek guidance from the Source of omniscient wisdom as I write. I do not promise that all (or any) solutions I propose will be perfect but I know that Jesus Christ, the Master Healer, will use my efforts to make a part of His perfect (and perfectly practical) solution for the suffering of the world—if I will just ignore self-doubt and fear and give what I have to give. This is my intent. May God be with me, and with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment